Ads by Nuffnang

In Character

We (the single men and ladies of the church) were assigned to have presentation about faith and faithfulness. All the groups were assigned to prepare a presentation each to be featured every Sunday of September.

The week before our presentation, the married men and ladies did a song number followed by a presentation looking through our church's history as well as her future. There was candle-lighting and giving away candies while encouraging one another.

A photo posted by Kye Felix (@sleepwalkingscarlet) on


We all know how trending AlDub is. Our presentation's director is a huge AlDub fan. Instantly, we had the themes AlDub and "running the race" incorporated into the skit. 

I'm aware of this AlDub pairing. I've watched them in youtube. I'm not fanatic, but I sure am entertained. I think Wally Bayola redeemed himself from the past controversy by being Lola Nidora. Good job, Wally!

For a month, I've been contemplating I whether to post this or not. I'm not a person who is afraid to look ugly or foolish. I'm comfortable with wacky poses, but this is a step further than wacky. My mission is to be Lola Nidora for a night. Quite a challenge.

Don't get me wrong. This is not my Halloween costume. I don't even celebrate Halloween.



How to transform into Lola Nidora:
  • Watch Kalyeserye videos in TV and youtube.
  • Master the Lola Nidora and Babalu voice and intonation.
  • Master the beast mode.
  • Practice eye enlargement techniques.
  • Erase your eyebrows.

The young people's group had more practice than us. So the skit had more adlib than actual script, and a lot of improvisations. We did practice the song number and the recitation in the end, so I think we did okay.

"Yaya. Stop laughing. We already practiced this."
I must admit, one of the Bernardo's is a cutie. I just might marry him.
"Stop laughing. You're all supposed to be serious!"
How about making this my profile pic?

This is my last year being single. I might as well enjoy being in the group and give my best in participating. 


About the skit

Our skit reflected the situation of many single men and women. Alren (our counterpart of Alden Richards) must finish the race to get the desires of his heart represented by Yaya Tub (our counterpart of Yaya Dub). While in the race, the Bernardo's distract him while taping "hindrances" on him. In the end, Lola Nidora tells him to continue running because the race is not yet finished.

Hebrews 12:1-3
1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses,
let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset [us],
and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of [our] faith;
who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame,
and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. 
3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself,
lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.

This just shows that as long as we are living, we will continue to face challenges and trials. We just have to keep on. Don't quit no matter what we face.

And so Alren continues to run...



My ultimate challenge right after the presentation was taking the make-up off and growing back my eyebrows. This is one role I may never play again.

Comments

Instagram Feed