Recovery After a D&C (Part 03)

edited image
original image is from PIXABAY
My husband and I, with our respective families, are coming to terms with us not having a child early next year. It was quite a shock when we found out that my pregnancy failed. It's now safe to say that we're in the end of the grieving process. We've accepted what happened and we're moving forward.

Raising the TMI Warning because of the theme of this post - female reproductive health.
Only for adults! KIDS, DO NOT READ THIS!

I still don't know how the D&C procedure have affected my body and my ability to conceive. One indication is my next period, whenever that will happen. Believe me. I've never been more excited for my next period to come.


Day 1 - D&C Procedure (Raspa)
Having a D&C (Journal) (READ HERE)

First Week of Recovery


Second Week of Recovery
This week is all about the weird snotty discharge and irritation from pads and liners. One day, there's nothing but dryness. The next day, same. The next day, watery mucus. Then clear again. It's so unpredictable.

Third Week of Recovery
Goodbye liners!!! ... But I feel so tired and sleepy all the time. I feel as exhausted as when I was pregnant. As much as I want to work, I can't seem to finish anything. Even with the iron and folic acid supplement, I still feel drained.


Day 19
I visited my doctor today. She said that tiredness is normal and that I should take naps whenever I need to. I also asked her what hubby was too shy to ask... when we can DTD... (I went to the clinic alone.)


via GIPHY

She told we're clear to DTD since last week, but it was up to me if I'm comfortable. I was still having disgusting discharge that time so there's no way it could happen. But it's all clear now.

I texted hubby right away that we're okay to DTD. When I got home, his reaction was priceless. **I'm not going to describe it here or anywhere... too precious!**


via GIPHY


Day 22
Everything is back to normal, I guess.


Day 26
I've been feeling dizzy lately. I am not sure if it's still because my body takes so much energy to heal from the procedure. My guess is that I am or will be ovulating any time soon, which means I'm fertile until the end of the week. What worries me is that I might be pregnant again. Gusto ko pero ayaw ko... [I want to get pregnant, but I also don't want to get pregnant yet.]


One Month After the D&C

I should expect my period anytime between Day 35 and Day 40. If it doesn't happen, there's a good chance that I've conceived. It's not like we're avoiding DTD, but we're not really TTC either.


Day 36
Just spotting.


via GIPHY


Day 37
Finally AF has arrived!

I must admit, I felt a little sad that we won't be having our rainbow baby yet. However, I feel a sense of relief knowing that I'm back in my "normal" (irregular, but there's a still a pattern) cycle.



Abbreviations I've learned from forums:
AF - Aunt Flo (period, menstruation)
MC - miscarriage
D&C - dilation and curettage ("raspa" in Tagalog)
DTD - *ehem* do the deed...
TTC - try to conceive

Comments

Featured Video

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW | Hardin sa Tabing-Ilog Adventure Camp

RSVP + Philippine Culture = ?

Having a D&C (Journal)

Our Epic Wedding Review : IMP Sea Breeze Resort

MOVIE REVIEW | Ponyo