Nuffnang Ads

Something's Cooking and It's Not Dinner

Closing time. Dinner time. The last batch of customers went home. We were about to roll down the metal doors and head to our own dinner table. What was supposed to be a peaceful evening became a tragic nightmare for many people in our barangay. In the night of May 10, 2017, around 120 families lost their homes to fire.


Our street has always been noisy. At first, akala namin may away lang kaya may nagsisigawan. [We thought there was a fight going on.] It wasn't too long until we grasp what's really going on. We locked the store and went outside. There's a gigantic cloud of smoke just across the street. People outside the street are either panicking or watching the spectacle. The fire is close enough for us to worry but not too close to cause panic yet.

Smartphone Battery Care (From Someone Who Is Totally Clueless with Tech Stuff)


My first phone was a Nokia 3210 I got in 8th grade. (I'm stopping for a minute to reminisce about it... Wow. I'm old!)

Fast forward to 2017. Now even kids own smartphones or tablets. It's amazing how technology has made smartphones an integral part of our daily living. We use our phones for so many other things, not only as a flash light or a calculator. The downside to this - smartphones are battery operated.

Popular Posts

Instagram