2015 in Perspective

The holidays, and 2015 have been good to us, just as God has intended.

In the beginning of 2016, I have a design project and several other project opportunities, Roy and I are preparing for our wedding, and our church is continuing to move forward. God is definitely healing us from all the pains of 2015, and guiding us to a better 2016.

2016 will be the year when everything changes. This fact is finally sinking in.


God's Goodness in 2015

view from the balcony

Who would have thought what happened to our church would be a blessing in disguise? Yes, we burned bridges, but we also built new ones. It was painful to experience a church being split, but God has restored His church and is continuing to do so.

It is not worth holding on to the identity of a 'religious' sect that worships the 'pastor' more than the Lord and Savior of our souls. It is not worth holding on to 'properties' and 'facilities' that are substandard, costly to operate and maintain, and even faulty in design. It is not worth holding on to 'leaders' who choose to manipulate members for their personal gain, over their duty of upholding and teaching the truth of God's Word. Hindi nakakapanghinayang. [Not worth the regret.]

God has given us everything we need to function as a church. In 2015 God demonstrated His faithfulness and overwhelming power. We are free!


Enough with all the #hugot .
Here is what the last days of 2015 look like from my perspective.


Families Unite


Reunion group pic!



scenario sa top floor :)
Posted by Kye Felix on Monday, December 28, 2015


Roy joined my family, and extended maternal family, for Christmas. Confident and spontaneous as he always is, my fiance didn't have any problem socializing with my relatives. He did volunteer to help out with some of the cooking and did a better job in it than me. I'm envious.

A photo posted by Kye Felix (@sleepwalkingscarlet) on

A photo posted by Kye Felix (@sleepwalkingscarlet) on

For the New Year, we went to Pangasinan to Roy's paternal relatives. I found out that the new year is a bigger deal to them than Christmas, mainly because it's also his sister's birthday. One of their aunts found the old painted banner from his sister's 2nd or 3rd birthday. We decorated the pavilion with it. Ironically, the birthday celebrator is in the USA and we were celebrating her birthday without her.


What Lies Ahead


First priority of 2016 is... getting rid of all the fats we acquired in late 2015! Just kidding.

First, I have to forgive and let go of all the things that will never help me in 2016. I struggled with bitterness and resentment in 2015, mainly because of what happened to our church, the friends who left me, the friends I left, the people who wronged me and vice versa, projects I have lost, projects I chose to just let go... As a proof that I have started to let go, we now can talk about the past and somehow laugh about it. Seeing how God directed the path we are in now, it's easier to have a change of heart.

I am looking forward to a challenging year - not because the year of the monkey is said to impose difficulty on those born in the year of the tiger, but because challenges come year after year, only in different forms. Change is going to bring challenges. I expect them.

2016 will be good to me because God is directing it. Knowing this is enough to make me feel secure.

Comments

Featured Video

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW | Hardin sa Tabing-Ilog Adventure Camp

RSVP + Philippine Culture = ?

Our Epic Wedding Review : IMP Sea Breeze Resort

Having a D&C (Journal)

MOVIE REVIEW | Ponyo

Meeting the Parents