"Tamang Hinala" (Suspicion)


"Tamang hinala"

When directly translated from Filipino to English it means "proper or right suspicion."
However, this phrase is often said in a sarcastic manner, therefore it's a suspicion that turned out to be false.


If you are below 18 years old, better stop right here.
The article that follows is for adults only.



We just had a major "tamang hinala" moment. The suspicion began when I noticed my period was a week delayed. After two consecutive pregnancy failures, we were determined to avoid conceiving.


I downloaded the Clue app. It's an app that tracks your menstrual cycle including several health symptoms. It helps you predict when you are most likely to ovulate and when you can expect your next PMS and period.

Before clue I charted my symptoms on a calendar. It turns out, I'm not as irregular as I thought. My cycle is just significantly longer than the normal 28 days. This is why I don't get my period every month. Using the app has provided some knowledge on how I can analyze my cycle more accurately.

After downloading, I encoded the past data I manually gathered from my calendar to the app. I've been religiously recording my symptoms every night for the past four cycles now, until I encountered a glitch!

Clue has no clue?!?!?!?!

Four cycles into using the app religiously, here's where it 'failed' and "tamang hinala" begins.


Hey youngster! You shouldn't be reading this...
Turn away while you still can. 👀 


After using the app to STRICTLY AVOID and COMPLETELY ABSTAIN FROM DTD during unsafe/fertile days, I started feeling pregnant. It might just be PMS... or I'm pregnant again!!! 

*freaking out at this point*
via GIPHY

When you've experienced two losses in a row, it's really hard to be happy for the next pregnancy. What little happiness I felt was drowned in a sea of anxiety and fear. But again, this may be just PMS so I waited for my period to come.

A week passed and no period so I decided to take the PT.

Big fat NEGATIVE!!!
via GIPHY

All I need to do is wait for Aunt Flo to arrive.

She didn't show up.

People started noticing the symptoms. I was tired, nauseous, bloated, moody... possibly pregnant? I kept denying it because I didn't want to be pregnant...

By the time she's two weeks late, I started believing I might be growing a human so I took another test...

It was negative... AGAIN!
via GIPHY

It scared me because I thought there must be something seriously wrong with my system. I never cared for missed periods before, but this time really bothered me. I had to see the doctor.

I went to the hospital. By this time I'm three weeks delayed.

Standard operating procedure requires the latest pregnancy test. The doctor knew it was going to take longer if I went to the laboratory so she gave me a PT kit.

Here's a slightly disgusting but funny story.

There's no cup! She suggested I use the packet to hold the pee then we can transfer process the 'sample' on her office.

No cup, no problem!
via GIPHY

I am aware of the possible complications of this task (like - what if I spill the sample on an elderly patient on a wheelchair???) but I agreed just because I didn't want to go to the lab just for the test.

The restroom is on the other side of the building. I was able to neatly collect the 'sample'. The challenge is crossing the hallway back to the doctor's office. I managed to do so without spills, or other patients noticing.


Handing my urine sample like...
via GIPHY

And the test result was...

NEGATIVE!

I admit. I was frustrated.

She advised that I get an ultrasound to see what's going on inside. Google said it could be anything from hormonal imbalance to cancer.

What's wrong with me?!?!
via GIPHY

And the results are...

CLEAR!
No tumors, no irregularities whatsoever.

What a relief!
via GIPHY

I still don't understand why my period is delayed though.

I went back to the doctor's office for her findings. She ran through my files again and found out that I've gained some weight. (That some weight is around 3 kilograms.) It turns out that as my body adjusted to weight gain, my cycle shifted too. If my period doesn't start soon, I might need some meds to force-start it. Also, I need to lose weight. *sigh...*

Days after my appointment in the hospital, Aunt Flo finally decided to pay me a visit.

via GIPHY

I don't need to take those meds after all. Do I still need to lose weight??? And miss out on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's feasts? I don't think so! 😋

Comments

Featured Video

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW | Hardin sa Tabing-Ilog Adventure Camp

RSVP + Philippine Culture = ?

Our Epic Wedding Review : IMP Sea Breeze Resort

Having a D&C (Journal)

MOVIE REVIEW | Ponyo

Meeting the Parents