Kanin For the Soul | Introduction

I was hesitant to do this series mainly because of fear of how people will think of me. The general public has a habit of labeling Christians as self-righteous, hypocritical, judgmental, with a "holier-than-thou" attitude, and many more. Spiritual talk isn't appealing for those who do not believe them (unless it will make them rich.) Christianity has acquired a negative name through the years, and with my own history of mistakes and wrongdoings, I take part of the blame.

Sharing your belief doesn't make you perfect, or holy, or pious in any way. I know some people who share verses and quote their pastors in a regular basis, but those proclamations do not necessarily match their way of life. When you share a quote whether it's from the Bible or a famous person, whether you like it or not, people will associate what you posted with your current life situation.


You cannot separate your online status to your real status.
You can't hashtag your way into righteousness, you have to live it...


but maybe I'm wrong. Maybe "walking the talk" isn't 'in' anymore.




I am NOT A PREACHER.
I am NOT A BIBLE SCHOLAR of any sort.
I AM NOT PERFECT.
I am just another believer who wants to share what she believes. 



I am not forcing these articles to you. I do not want a debate, not that I lack the knowledge to defend my faith, but because it's unfruitful to do so. Kanin for the Soul is my reviewer, my outlet. It is a collection of what I have learned through the years from listening to the preaching, my personal study, learning from other people, observations, questions pertaining to what is eternal... I understand that some queries may not have answers. Fine by me.



Kanin is a Filipino word that translates to 'rice'. As much as rice is a staple food for the body, God's Word nourishes and strengthens the soul. I choose "kanin" to describe the Bible because I can't live on eating just bread. I need rice! Most Filipinos would agree. 


Chicken Soup for the Soul is a highly successful franchise. This is not meant to be an Asian counterpart of it. It's just a fun catchy phrase I'd like to use to describe this collection of articles while hoping Chicken Soup won't sue me. Please, Chicken Soup, have mercy.

My mother has a habit of compiling preaching notes and devotionals. During her free time, usually at night, she retypes her handwritten notes into the computer. Kanin for the Soul is my version of what my mother does, but in a blog post instead of a document file. (For everyone to read... I'm freaking out inside!)

I am writing Kanin for the Soul mainly for my older self who will one day take a review of the past, secondly for troubled young ladies who remind me of who I was. I don't really get to choose readers so like-minded believers, critics, you are welcome here.


I've been working on my 'walk'.
Maybe we can go on this journey together and see how much we can learn. 😊

Comments

Featured Video

Popular posts from this blog

REVIEW | Hardin sa Tabing-Ilog Adventure Camp

RSVP + Philippine Culture = ?

Our Epic Wedding Review : IMP Sea Breeze Resort

Having a D&C (Journal)

MOVIE REVIEW | Ponyo

Meeting the Parents